Acupuncture can promote fertility, whether planning to conceive naturally, or when using clomid and other medications, IUI, or IVF treatments.
Benefits of Acupuncture to enhance Fertility
- Increases the blood flow to the uterus, thickening the uterine lining benefiting implantation
- Regulates fertility hormones such as FSH, LH, E2, Progesterone
- Lowers stress hormones which contribute in infertility
- Benefits male factor infertility by increasing total concentration, motility and morphology of sperm
- Regulates ovulation and menstruation.
Acupuncture is particularly helpful during IVF
treatment, specifically a Pre- and Post- Egg Transfer. The chances of conception increase when reproductive-specific Acupuncture is administered prior to and shortly after the embryo is transferred to the uterus during an IVF treatment. A recent German study showed that conception rates increased to 51% when acupuncture is administered before and after transfers, as compared to only 36% when transfers are done without acupuncture. Given the financial and emotional investment of an IVF treatment, you owe it to yourself to explore this option before your next transfer. Regular treatments before the egg transfer may increase effectiveness.
To learn more, please contact our office.